Originally Posted By nutso suave
Awesome car!!! This is what hot rodding is all about...taking a sweet looking old car and putting in a superior modern engine (and suspension). Great build, cool idea, and I think we all can relate the problems on the old engine, oil leaks, gas smell, reliability, etc. Thanks for sharing, I am a neophyte to the suspension and engine upgrade scene so I really enjoy seeing builds like this that aren't using the magic of television.
thumbs

Thanks, you've basically summarized what I expect and want from the car.

I want to build it to be left alone. I want to not have leaky cork gaskets, a tune that doesn't need to change with the weather, to be able to drive the car day in, day out with out rolling the windows down or smelling like fuel....

Get in, take off a minute after starting it and getting onto the freeway with a range that I decide. The silly fast speed I expect from 550hp in a relatively light weight combo is the best part.

This is all being done in my driveway, with no special tools or super expensive parts with the help of some really good friends. Wade, Mike and Brian all come to mind.

I won't say that this swap is cheap or for everyone. My case is unique and this car is swapped for about half the cost of the average person but I've horsetraded and stashed parts for 3 years before I turned a wrench on it. I saved a ton of money by being broke and patient.

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.