Quote:

Quote:

I'm also going to put a splice in for a fuel pressure sensor port right after the regulator to main line. If I have either pump act up, I will be able to verify there is a problem this way.

Can you setup the ECU to monitor that sensor for you? Either PSI/RPM based rev limit adjustment or at least a warning light.

After Wade's experience, you would want something in place for that..

My experience is probably a little extreme and mostly due to the proximity to the muffler and the extended high load run conditions. But I agree on monitoring the fuel pressure.

I started monitoring / logging fuel pressure a few weeks ago. Initially I had a sensor at the end of the passenger side fuel rail. The readings were very erratic. I installed a second sensor back right up against the corvette filter/regulator. Much more stable fuel pressure reading, and staying right where it should.

Megasquirt does have a check engine light capability. I haven't used it yet. It will monitor whatever you want it to. The more important thing you need to set up is AFR control- it's a table where you designate the allowable deviation from your spec'd AFR table, qualifying event time, etc. That will keep you from hurting anything.

Megasquirt has like 20 ports you can set up for monitoring 0-5v sensors. So you could add a fuel temp sensor as well if you so chose.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course