Well, this may not seem like a huge deal to others but this may be the biggest development in my whole build....

As some of you may know, there hasn't been a simple option for fuel systems when converting to EFI that doesn't have it's drawbacks.

Wade (uhcoog1) has had a great system that I was going to copy verbatim. It involved a small lift pump pulling from the stock tank, filling a surge tanks and then an external inline GSL392 pump pushing up to the front. This took Wade to the Texas mile, BBOR, a trip or two across Texas and more track days than most people here could dream of in an old car and then some. It worked better than a cheap fuel system should have, but the problem that couldn't fix completely was heat. The pump was open to exhaust heat and it really wasn't an OEM quality pump.

I had this copied system installed on my car and I'm ready to fire the car for the first time with the Hemi.

But then a certain someone let me know that a company may have a better option for me. An affordable and baffled EFI ready tank that would be a direct bolt on for my Roadrunner. I waited for a few months, and I present to you the following...

A beta test unit for Tanks Inc's 68-70 Plymouth B Body new efi ready tank. It maintaines a factory fitment and has a 19 Gallon capacity.

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/p...prod/prd485.htm

I was really stunned to see that it came in completely powdercoated! I was mentally ready to see the whole tank get covered in undercoating, but this is far better. It will look good with the stainless straps I've got.

It comes prepared to use their GPA fuel pump modules that can support anything from a TBI low performance application, to a pump like mine in 460LPH for E85 (600-1000hp)

There are two pre-determined holes in a recessed area at the front of the tank. One is for an adjustable sending unit (I went with the aftermarket sending unit Ohm range) and the other is for the fuel pump module.

The fuel pump module on mine is identical to all the others that their tanks use. It's a modular system that has a wide enough range to fit almost anything.

I'll have to trim the pick up and return tubes and attach the fuel pump to it, simple stuff.

What makes this tank better than a stock tank in my application is the baffling they've built into this stamping. There is a basket that the return line drains into and the pump sits in with two approximately 3/8" holes in the bottom. This will keep the pump covered in fuel as best as possible under cornering and also the pump will be bathed in fuel from the return line dumping back on it. A cool fuel pump in a tank of fuel will allow for a much more reliable set up than ANY external fuel pump. Couple that with the fact that this pump comes off the same assembly line as many other big three fuel pumps, I've got confidence with this system that I couldn't get anywhere else.

Some random shots of the basket and inside of the tank. Pardon my pictures, my phone would only fit into the tank so far haha.

Here is a shot from the filler neck to the front of the tank. This large internal baffle will help under acceleration and braking.

I can't be happier to be one of the first to receive one of the first of this tank. I'll be starting the car shortly now that I've got my fuel system delivered in one single package.

I'd really like to thank my good friend Wade for tipping me off to this and also Justin at Tanks Inc for the prompt response, the chance to be a beta tester (they're almost ready for market) and awesome shipping/ service.

One step closer!

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.