I've said it to myself many times, but I must admit...I'm not happy to ding headers. Not even a little bit. But, unfortunately I had to with these TTI's. Mind you, I don't feel that I did the best job that I could beating these (I really should have used a ball peen hammer).

The T-bars hit my passengers side collector severely. I thought that it was the fact that I have 1.22" bars, but there was over a half inch of interference.

Thats the top of the DS header where it passes under the T-bar.

The next area that hit was the #1 tube passing by the AC compressor. If I didn't have AC in mind, this wouldn't be an issue. I had to trim the AC compressor from the start as per 808cuda's post, but I also had to ding it to fit.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt because these headers are from 2007 and weren't used until now. I don't know what changes have been made to the jig. I will say that TTI does have amazing customer service and I wouldn't use any other header for this swap. I have no doubt that Dougs is lightyears behind TTI. I talked to them on the phone and I wasn't impressed.

Right now, they're in and they clear everything. I'm going to make one final change to the headers to make them fit a little better, which will be adding V-band connections to the collector to gain ground clearance. My car is silly low and I don't want those 3 bolt flanges catching on everything. Other than that, they will work well and support a ton of power. For a mild steel header, they are beefy where it counts and are very well coated. I'd be willing to pay double the price for them to be a low grade stainless though.

I'm progressing on my build. I'm ready to leave the front of the car and start ordering fuel system components. The front end is sealed and ready to sit for a while. The engine is sealed from TB to headers. I know it will take me more than one try to get my fittings ordered from Summit.

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.