A partial update. I decided not to jump the gun and fire it. I've not put 12v power to the car since 2010, so I've got a list of important things to check off before I risk a fire.

I worked on the serpentine belt (I had 6 at the house, some for AC and others for a paxton supercharger kit...I didn't have one for the AC delete). I had to shorten one of the factory bolts that goes through Emil's PS bracket into the head and also the 3/8" bolt that goes into his bracket. I think this is due to the PS pump that I've got and not his hardware. Either way, the pump is on and it fits well. I've got to make a clean cut on the Aeroquip AQP high pressure PS hoses and get to a vise to install the fittings.

I filled the transmission with 90wt and replaced a broken Neutral safety switch.

Little odds and ends...most importantly I took a complete 180 turn on my fuel system...(I'll leave that for later) This is quite possibly more exciting than finishing the car for me.

And I connected the battery and it didn't have problems. I expected something to be wrong between moving the battery to the trunk and it sitting dormant for so long, but I connected the terminals and I waited with a fire extinguisher. No issues.

12v up to my main power lug

Overall...

As I told a colleage of mine at work today. When I didn't have the money, I had all the time I needed...now that I have the money I've got no time. Updates soon to follow.

This is the problem with time passing and getting older haha.

Last edited by AlexP; 05/11/15 04:40 PM.

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.