I'm waiting on 6.1 intake gaskets. I'm 99% sure that I didn't torque the intake down properly when I first installed it. I had a hard start issue, vacuum coming from the oil cap and right angle fitting on the tower and after pulling the intake, I'm pretty sure the gaskets were warped and distorted. One of the intake ports was also torn on the O-ring.

I'm resealing the intake, making a paper intake to throttle body gasket because the BBK throttle body fits terribly and buttoning it back up. Once I get a few more heat cycles into it and I can autotune the idle out....its ready to go for a drive. The gaskets were a little to oily for this short of a run time and I don't feel the car was sealed correctly.

I also had issues with the fitment of the factory heater tubes on the 6.1...the 1/2" hose that I had to use was very close to the wiper motor and was hitting the MAP sensor on the back of the 6.1 intake.

I tapped the holes for 3/8" NPT plugs and if/when I need to install the heater, I'll run braided AN stuff out to the heater core.

Once all that is sorted, I'll do a celebratory burn out or five.

Last edited by AlexP; 05/17/16 07:13 PM.

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.