Time to muddy the water a bit.

The factory hemi computer has 3(?) different timing tables. WOT & MBT are two of them. I'm posting them below. I believe WOT table is referenced and timing is pulled from that based on conditions, and MBT is the table that is a 'cap' - never to be exceeded.

DO NOT PUT THESE IN YOUR COMPUTER AND EXPECT YOUR MOTOR TO LIVE. Factory computer PULLS TIMING from the lower of the two tables based on current conditions.

Most tuners would recommend starting at ~18* all in and working your way up monitoring for knock and tuning for power. A lot of high end builds run best at 20-22* all in.

05-08 5.7 - WOT table:

05-08 5.7 - MBT table:

09+ 5.7 - WOT table (do not have MBT table):

6.1 WOT table:

6.1 MBT table:

Once again, DO NOT use any of these for a start up tune. I reduced the 6.1/5.7 to 18 all in (pulled 30+% across the board) and started on that. Then on the dyno I added 2 degrees at a time at each spot until power was not added, then backed down 2 degrees to the lowest timing for max power (MBT for my motor).

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course