Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm also going to put a splice in for a fuel pressure sensor port right after the regulator to main line. If I have either pump act up, I will be able to verify there is a problem this way.

Can you setup the ECU to monitor that sensor for you? Either PSI/RPM based rev limit adjustment or at least a warning light.

After Wade's experience, you would want something in place for that..

My experience is probably a little extreme and mostly due to the proximity to the muffler and the extended high load run conditions. But I agree on monitoring the fuel pressure.

I started monitoring / logging fuel pressure a few weeks ago. Initially I had a sensor at the end of the passenger side fuel rail. The readings were very erratic. I installed a second sensor back right up against the corvette filter/regulator. Much more stable fuel pressure reading, and staying right where it should.

Megasquirt does have a check engine light capability. I haven't used it yet. It will monitor whatever you want it to. The more important thing you need to set up is AFR control- it's a table where you designate the allowable deviation from your spec'd AFR table, qualifying event time, etc. That will keep you from hurting anything.

Megasquirt has like 20 ports you can set up for monitoring 0-5v sensors. So you could add a fuel temp sensor as well if you so chose.

Temp makes more sense than another pressure sensor.

I will be taking advantage of the full range of safety nets that MS has to offer.

I'm not sure about the fuel line being teflon lined or not. I know Wade's car has never smelled like fuel any time I've been around it, so its a non issue.

My fuel system is set up to make big power. I've got 1/2" feed and return lines, but for this version of the car I dont need to run the frame mounted return. My return line will be dumping back into the tank right by the sending unit instead of going back up front for no reason. This single GSL392 will support 600 crank, so I'll be fine. If I go with my Paxton SC kit, I'll add a second GSL392 and be good.

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.