Quote:

Putting aside the choices you made on wheels, EFI and suspension.....

It seems that the problems you encountered are pretty much the same as with an A body...

TTI mounts
Header clearance
Power steer pump compatability
and sourcing the sundry bolts and pulleys etc.

Have you measured your pinion angle....or did that improve with the mods to the engine mounts?

TTI mounts were not an issue. My issue was with the $5 parts house engine insulator having a raised nub on it. If I would have taken if off with the grinder before hand, it wouldn't have been an issue. It literally took 5 mins of persuasion to have it sit in the chassis.

Header clearance would have been better if I didn't have ac and if my torsion bars were stock. I've got 1.22" bars and if they were .920" they would have cleared.

PS pump is just a fact. If I had a borgeson box or a lower psi pump it wouldn't be a problem.

I'd advocate Everyone to not start with s bare block like I did. Buy an 05/08 car 5.7 long block and steal everything from that.

I did this backwards from most, but I've still got less money than most in my build. Mostly from working with people in the industry for almost ten years and having a few friends who own shops. My heads are $3000+ but I've not got that much money in them.

I won't paint a small picture with a large brush. This swap is not difficult and I don't even have a garage. It's just as I can do it without breaking the bank.

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.