I did some odds and ends today. I got my z-bar properly installed, linkage spring in place for clutch fork, and I need to get the linkage to the pedals back in with the right boot. I also installed the catch can by Billet Tech (a must for any hemi, or a Pan evac)

I fixed my torsion bars kinda, but the CAP Tubular UCA's need to go. Too much adjustment for my tastes. Factory Uppers with the Problem solver bushings will keep me going for a while. I need to play with ride height once the new wheel and tire combo is in. It seems too low, but I've driven stupid low cars daily...doesn't scare me but I don't want to tear the headers apart.

I also tried fitting my cooling system, but the C-body radiator is too huge for the hoses I've got. I tried the 1.75 to 1.5" adapter for the bottom hose, but I'm going to have to shorten all the hoses or notch the K-frame for it to clear. I dont want to do the second one, so I may end up with this radiator. The curve of the bottom hose is too close to the k-frame with the silicone adapter.

THIS ON EBAY.

Some pics from today...

Ride height (First time on ground since the hemi install) It's stupid low.

Lower radiator hose issue. It sits too far back due to the radiator being both thick and offset too far back. (I knew this coming into it, when the car was a BB I had to buy the shorter Jaguar fan clutch)

Clutch linkage and Z-bar fit. A blessing with the TTI headers, I really was expecting to buy a Hydraulic set up.

And a little suprise. My good buddy Uhcoog1 came by to do some "data logging" today and gave some of my friends rides with his new built to the tee 6.1 based 392. The car rips and it's only 60% tuned. It's very safe on AFR, so he showed some folks what it can do.

http://vid1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/alex440/5410BFB8-A02F-41AC-B77A-43DF83A102A2.mp4

I've never felt confident in an old mopar at speed or around a corner until I drove his car. It's a work of art and completely built in his garage. He deserves massive props! More people need to build their own cars.

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.