Originally Posted By lilcuda
Again, sounds like it was written by attorneys. All I know is that my former co-worker who has been building engines and tuning Holleys for 30+ years taught me to do it with the car running regardless of fuel pump type. He had a Corvette with a 540 hp 383 with a Holley carb that he daily drove for years. It fired on the first crank every time, almost like a fuel-injected car. I used his method and my 66 Barracuda would fire up with literally a tap of the key.

Didn't IMM build your engine? Maybe see if they can help you tune it better?

When I had the misfiring issue, IMM basically told me they won't work on an engine that's in a car and that I'd have to remove the engine, drop it off, and pick it up later. That's a 2 hour drive one way costing me a couple vacation days.

In response, I took the car to a local engine builder. They do engine builds, dynos, tuning, etc. The guy, when looking for my misfire problem, also tuned the car. They know their Mopars. They had multiple magazine articles of them building 440+6's and had three '68 Darts in there (one of which was a 9 second drag car).