Sorry, I've been lagging. It's been a really long couple of days leading up to Spring Fling and I am beat. Took the Dart through Angeles Crest Highway Wednesday night after a full day of work and school. Pretty fun but took it easy as I was driving an unknown, winding road at night. Plus I had tools in the back. Stayed at a motel that by far had the most uncomfortable sleeping arrangements ever. To think people actually steal pillows from this place.

Got to Willow Springs... Had the driver's meeting, novice school, and went out to race. I only did two run sessions as I didn't want to kill the car and I was machining tires. I spun off course twice at turn 3 during my first session. The second was almost a 3 car pile up but luckily my car rolled off course. That may have been filmed. We'll see if Tim posts it up in a couple of weeks or if it makes it in one of the magazines.

Overall the Dart did great. I did the lunch time drags which was fun. Almost lost to a Ram 3500 because I decided to do an 1/8 mile burnout to make things more interesting. The WOT on the Dart is awesome and she really moves down the straight. Once I hit about 4500 RPM the engine just takes things to a whole new level and kicks you in the butt into overdrive. Basically in 4th gear the car goes from 85... 90... 95... 120!!! I did drag race a Hellcat, he got me slightly off the line and I had to slowly ease into 1st and 2nd so I wouldn't spin the tires. He beat me by a car length or two.

Weight is with 1/4 tank of gas.

Pictures:

http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/muumuu101/library/Spring%20Fling%202017/Thursday

Willow Springs - Spring Fling 2017.jpgWeight - Quarter Tank No Driver.jpgWeight - Quarter Tank With Driver.jpgTire Machining.jpg