Quote:

remember not to get too carried away. When you take it apart too far and can't enjoy it after an upgrade, that's when frustration and loss of interest sets in. Damhik..

That's the one thing I'm worried about; however, some modifications just seem silly to do if I don't do it as a whole. Like, if I swap out rear leafs, I might as well throw in the better diff. Or, if I'm going to take the front end and suspension apart for a rebuild, I might as well replace the engine while I'm at it. If I enjoy it how it is now, I guess it can't be that much worse after my upgrades.

Quote:

Glad to see you sticking with the car. Sounds like you're going on the right path career wise and will be able to afford some cool upgrades to the car. AND you are thinking ahead with other upgrades that will be necessary when changing out other stuff. I'm building a stroker motor and have thought hard about doing it as I know I will need to beef up the clutch, trans, brakes, and rear end if I put sticky tires on. But then I think about adding the passon 5 speed, the snowball effect is a PITA!
Keep up the good work and let all future dates know what has seniority over them, hah.

Yeah, I've been looking on CL at some 360 engines. I don't want anything crazy but it seems that used Magnum engines pop up for about $500. I'm still thinking about the turbo thing. It doesn't seem too complicated and expensive but it will just be extra work. I just don't want to do work twice. I talked to [Email]Dan@Hotchkis[/Email] and he said I can order a TVS with the small upper ball joints so I can use my current KH setup and swap the ball joints when I change to bbp. On top of that they also have LCA bushings and the heim joint boots so I won't need anything from Rockauto, I can get it all from 1 company. The Passon 5-speed... I've been thinking about putting my name on that list after I graduate.