Well I was finally able to do 1 thing on this car. Sorta like killing one stone with 2 birds. Due to my issues with the wheel cylinders I thought it would be a good idea to head on down to the front of the car and work in the engine bay a little. I said to myself, "Hey, you bought a fuel filter 2-3 months ago, why not put that on?" I replied, "Sure! Let me watch a youtube video on how to." Hmmmmmmmmn. Youtube video said some fuel may come out due to back-pressure from the pump. No worries, it should be fine.

So I take off the fuel filter and as I expected fuel came out, but then what I realized is that really really smart engineering guy (previous owners) who had the car before decided to wire the alternator right by the fuel filter and now some fuel got into the little "protective" tube he put around it. That other super smart and devilously handsome engineering guy (now I'm talking about myself) didn't take the proper precautions and think enough before he did.

Well, from what I learned in school is that when you have ignition + a source, you get fire. So I kinda don't want to start the car right now. Anyways, I think I may have found out I have a leaky fuel pump as well (I just tightened the fuel lines going to the fuel filter so we'll see what happens). There are also plenty of other leaks all around the car I'm trying to find. If you can't tell, I'm a wee bit frustrated.

It doesn't seem like I'm going to make this safe enough to get it to Fall Fling this year. And the worst part about it is when I told my dad about Fall Fling, he got excited and said, "You're uncle is flying in the day before from Lebanon (first time in America), I'm sure he'd love to go! We should all go together."

This death trap may very well be my coffin...

And every post needs a picture... Yes, there's fuel all over the intake manifold (don't know if that's safe) and inside that pink "tubing" mabober which contains wires.