So, it's been a couple weeks since I've posted as I've been dealing with a big family trauma. A little over a week ago, my fiance's mom passed away due to Stage 4 metastatic Breast Cancer. It originated approximately 5 years ago, after a year and a half of treatment it stopped growing, about a year and a half ago the cancer scars started acting up in other organs and attacking the body again. She passed away about 5.5 months before our wedding. So, it's been a very sad time. I'm trying to be there for my fiance and her family as much as possible. Because of this, I've had no time/energy to do anything.

Today was the first time I actually got to look at the Dart and I decided to take it out for a drive. I drove it for 30 mins (22 miles) and didn't really push it hard. There was no "driving" issues that I could tell. I did get it up to 4000 RPM on two occasions and 5000 RPM on another. All 3 pulls were at about 1/4 throttle. On a side note, the Helmholtz resonators need quite a bit of time before they start working. For the first 20 minutes the drone was still there, but as the exhaust got to operating temperature, it quieted way down. I just thought that was interesting.

However, I'm pretty sure I've isolated the "gear noise." I'm pretty sure it's the throwout bearing (again). The "gear noise" was present in neutral. I got out of the car and pushed the clutch pedal down with my hand and listened under the car and the noise went away. I remember it did something similar right before my last throwout bearing burst, but last time it sounded way worse. I don't know how I feel about this. I don't think it's something I'd like to tackle on my own as I'd have to remove the entire trans and exhaust; however, due to the wedding and buying a new house, I don't really want to spend the money on a shop. Luckily, my pre-marital pastor referred me to a good shop semi-closeby.

So, that's been my life up to this point. I discussed this with my fiance. The plan was to take the Dart to Fall Fling. I'm not sure now. And if I do, it's doubtful it will have its new leaf springs and Holley Sniper installed as it's still sitting in boxes.