Originally Posted By Darius
Sammy
I have not been following every post on this thread but it sure seems like Hotchkis is jacking you around with the time it is taking. I had my mechanic install a complete TVS in my 69Dart and he did it ALL in 4 days in between all the other bread and butter shop work he had going on...a one man shop! I see some other stuff going on and I don't know what all it is but it still seems like it has been going on for a loooooong time!

Well, I put together the entire TVS minus the sway bars and subframe connectors before I took it to them. What has taken most of 6 months has been making seat brackets, installing a steering wheel, and making a 6-point cage. What I'm going to have them do next is install the 408 and T56, a borgeson steering box, radiator, and other necessities.

I don't want to talk down about Hotchkis because the quality of their work is amazing, but their priorities seem to favor quick customer product installations, the boss's projects, and then my car. My Dart is the lowest tiki-man on the totem pole. Just look at their Facebook page and you won't see a single picture or reference of my car unless it's far in the background. If I were them, I'd be pretty tired rolling my Dart in and out of the shop every day.

Once I get my Dart back, there is no way in hell it is ever going to any shop again. It cost way too much money in labor and takes way too much time (granted if I were to do an engine and T56 swap, it would have probably taken me 5 years to do). Again, Hotchkis does great work but the turnaround time has been awful. Right now, they're just waiting on the engine which will be done in a week and a half so hopefully they can kick it into gear and finish the car.