Originally Posted By 67autocross
Originally Posted By MuuMuu101
So, Hotchkis made some progress on the Dart. It seems the roll cage is almost done. It just needs me to sit in it to get the side impact members mocked up. So, I'll probably do that before the end of the week. At the same time, I'll be taking my engine to IMM to get looked over. I'm still not certain yet, but I may be removing the supercharger and either just building a 360 or 408.

I also purchased some goodies. I was able to locate a pair of use MP offset shackles. That will help with my rear wheel rub as I can take off the 5mm spacer that's currently their. I also found another pair of wheels that I liked that are 18 x 9.5" and what I believe to be the perfect offset to fit a 275/35/18 tire all the way around without rubbing and at a point where I could actually rotate them. If I find a buyer for my current wheel setup, I might just pounce on it.

Did they make that cage specifically for your car or is it some kind of generic kit that they installed? I can't say the I have ever come across another one done like that.

They based it off the 4-point cage on JEGS website. (http://www.jegs.com/i/Jegster/550/941701K/10002/-1) They said it'll be quicker and cheaper for me to find a cage with an already bent roll tube than them charging me the labor for making a custom one. I'm not sure if JEGS roll cage was designed to go through the back seats or the speaker holes. The diagonal tube that goes from the driver's top to the passenger bottom was added for extra rigidity. The boxed section at the bottom of the roll hoops were custom in case I flipped so the tubes wouldn't go straight through the floor. There will be a little extension added to the rear window cranks so the rear windows can still roll down. There will be an added side impact member with a swing-out since it's very difficult for me to get into cages do to my size and hip problems.

Last edited by MuuMuu101; 10/13/15 02:19 AM.