Quote:

So maybe it just needs a valve job with the low compression?

That's what I figured.

He didn't fixed the speedo as he said I gave him the wrong one. Apparently my fitting that hooks to the trans was either way too small or way too big.

I pick up the car tomorrow. We'll see how much they did as he said I had a "big list." I hope he at least replaced the front tires, fixed the turn signal, realigned the steering wheel, and reinstalled the interior panels. It seems to be drivable. I should be at Fall Fling so feel free to catch up with me and say hi. I may need a buddy to look around the swap meet area with me as I'm possibly going to be in the spending mood for some goodies.

Update:

Well after a year of plenty of ups and downs and a busy life, I was finally able to get the Dart running and driving again. There were times I had bursts of progress and times I was just simply too afraid to work on the car. Well, 3 weeks ago I sent it off to my mechanics to put the final touches on the brake system. I test drove it last week and today I picked it up. First thing I did was take it to the local cruise to show a friend of mine who has a Challenger there.

I'm happy I have the Dart now. The best way to describe driving the car would be to say it's "refreshing." Driving it makes life seem simpler. I don't care it's not shiny, with the biggest and baddest motors, with all the creature comforts. It has a crappy chipping paint job, missing the trim on the driver's door, none of the gauges work besides the alternator gauge, the blue protectant on the two new white walls hasn't been wiped off, and it's slow as hell. But then again, it's my Dart. It starts right up, is now safe, and has character to it. No one at the local cruise had a mopar with missing trim, steel wheels w/o hub caps, and 1 year build up of dirt.

I just figured I should post this. I'm going to drive it 4 miles to school tomorrow to see how well it likes freeways and hills. If it's good, it will be going to Fall Fling just the way it is. No wash, no prettiness, it's going to just drive.

Anyways, I should get to studying. I have 2 math exams tomorrow I haven't started studying for and I've got an engineering exam on Monday. On top of all that, my uncle from Lebanon is flying in again tomorrow. Busy weekend, much?

Again, thank you moparts for being an awesome site with some great guys! If anyone at Fall Fling wants to meet up. Send me a pm.

Last edited by MuuMuu101; 10/24/13 11:49 PM.