So a little update from my last post. The Dart took the 90 mile round trip to Fall Fling like a champ and I had a fun time out there. After Fall Fling, I haven't done anything really to it. I drove it to school for about 2 weeks straight, but now I just drive it every other week to relieve some stress and go someplace new. Luckily, I just finished all my finals this week for the quarter so I have 3 weeks off (sorta) before I go back (again sorta). I've got a couple bugs I'd like to work on and get sorted to make the car a little more safe. So hopefully I'll have time to work on that as I work from 8am-2pm everyday and am going to have to go to school to machine parts for the baja car till who knows how late. Also, I'll be leaving my work after the New Year. I've just been juggling too much and need to focus on school. Plus, it really wasn't a place I could see myself working at in the future as something I'd enjoy doing. So, unless I find another job, money won't really be coming in. Luckily I saved almost every penny I could from my 1.5 year run.

Things I'd like to work on:

1) The steering column was only installed 90% of the way there. Right now the turn signal housing occasionaly spins as I'm turning the wheel. I'm assuming that will stay put once I mount one of my brackets I've got in a box that goes with the steering column. Also, my turn signals don't work. I took the steering column apart last year and completely went through it and replaced the cam (it was working before, just didn't return one way). I think it's something simple as a ground not being connected, I just don't know where to connect it.

2) Cleaning the grease from under the car. It's got about an inch layer of good, thick grease underneath the engine area. It's scary.

3) The driver's door rear view mirror aims at the ground. I removed the adjusting mechanism on the door to fiddle with it a little but it seems like something broken or not working right.

There seems to be some sort of oil leak possibly. I cleaned some spots up when I moved my car. It was definitely dark, with some thick and greasy stuff (like the stuff found underneath the front end). I also spotted 2 small spots of trans fluid.

Besides that, I've taken two of my friends out on a trip. The first one was a couple months ago or so and she felt the trip was interesting. She did enjoy herself and we had a fun time. The second time was tonight where I took my best bud out. We went to a Ramen place about 15 miles away and it was really nice just cruising on a big street at night with very little cars.

It's definitely a fun car to drive and am glad I decided to buy it and work on it over a year ago.