Well I went to the local car cruise today. Really light turnout due to the heat. Only about 20 cars showed up when around 50 usually come. I didn't mind the 100+ degree temperature. It was a good dry heat.

Well anyways I had a couple more folks come and ask me about the car. One guy rushed all the way through the parking lot in his minivan, parked right next to it and started asking if it was for sale. I told him I just bought it, so he asked me what I paid for it. I told him and he flipped out. He couldn't believe it. I gave him a walk-through of the car and he was amazed. He then gave me his business card and told me if I find another one like to give him a call. Then he told me if mine is ever up for sale he is willing to give a "reasonable" offer so long as I am "reasonable." Too bad I'm keeping it till either of us die! He said he was going to bring his 64 Dart later but never did (or maybe it's because I left a little earlyish due to boredum).

Then a Filipino guy and his son came by (around my age). They loved the car. The kid seems to like mopars since he was talking about a 69 Charger down his street and that one of his buddies put a 360 in his 72 Duster. His dad and some other guys were also talking about Coronets and Super Bees. The other guy kept on saying they made some Darts called "Baby Bees" that had the tail stripe with a bee logo on it (it could be what he called it). But overall, I had a fun talk with them about cars in general. A couple of other passer bys came by and asked if the car was for sale or if I actually came to show the car. Of course I came to show the car, there was no for sale sign...

The old men sitting in the shade in the middle of the centerpiece/fountain area (you can see some of them in the background of the first picture) didn't even bother including me in their group. It didn't really matter because I enjoy sitting by my car and talking to new people and not the same old guys.

While I was at the cruise I noticed a very small leak coming from the steering box from the hose I just changed. I am 95% sure I just didn't set the O-ring on the fitting properly. Anyways, I went home and found little puddles of fluid on the floor. I took a cleanish rag and just patted on the ground to see if I can see what color it was. Most of it looked dark brown so I'm guessing oil. And one very tiny puddle was red so I'm guessing I have a tiny trans leak.

I did get some of the engine bay hoses. The upper radiator hose looks kind of cheap and eh, so we'll see how putting that in goes. Plus the fuel filter came with 2 hoses that were only like 1.5-2 inches long so I'm going to need to order fuel lines again. I'll be ordering the rest tomorrow or the day after. Man does rockauto sucks at shipping things or what? So far out of receiving 3 packages, 2 were crushed when I got them.

All in all with the 100+ degree weather and the various leaks, I think the Dart will stay home tomorrow.

Last edited by MuuMuu101; 08/10/12 02:03 AM.