Quote:

If I had a wing car and my name was on your list with the vin and where I lived,I would be major pissed. There are more cars out there but people won't list them with the clubs because of things like this. The list might be old but there are names there that still have cars. Alot of these cars don't change hands. I was at a wing car national meet and there was a full list of the cars, who had them and where they live for all to see. This info is nice to see for honest people but there are alot of crooks watching also.

Registering your car with us does have some advantages, as we can share some history when it is present - and frequently it is. We don't charge you anything for it either. A recent example is a car considered for purchase advertised with 8k miles. A letter in our files revealed a previous owner reset the odometer after restoration in 1984.

What I can tell you about information gathering that we do here at the club is: We will not publish your name or address attached to a VIN on any kind of a registry list.

The old list in the Winged Warriors newsletter with owner names and cities was done up through about 1979. At the time, it was a non-issue. A high percentage of those cars have since changed hands.

Curiously, the Ford Talladega and Cyclone Spoiler Registry we inherited lists owner name and city. Not one person has asked to be removed or complained about being "out there". In fact, I get regular requests for the next printing for new owners names to be added where cars have changed hands. So go figure!

Myself, I tend to agree that we should err on the side of caution when revealing who owns what - even when bantering here on the board, particularly if that person is not aware of it.