I finally got to go see my dad's old Daytona today. I took the afternoon off of work, and drove out to see the car. It was a pretty day outside so i figured why not swing by and take a look at it. XX29L9B409045 R4 red, Red interior, auto on column, buddy seat, rear defroster, am radio, white wing.
I had goose bumps when I called the guy and he said he would be home and be glad to show me the car. Opened up the garage and my jaw just about hit the floor. Not exactly as i remember the car as it was almost completely disassembled when my dad sold it in 1984. However 20 years later it has only racked up another 1,500 miles and shows 69,000. The car is origionally R4 red, painted a semi orange color now, with a white wing, and red interior. Still a beautiful car if I do say so myself.
I tried and tried to beat around the bush about him selling me the car, but he wouldn't hear of it. He said you name the price i'll sell it, and so i did, and he said fine. I was about to jump up and down, then he said "all you have to do is convince my wife to sell the car." she wouldn't hear of it, said that he bought her that car for her birthday 20 years ago off of my dad and that she won't ever sell the car. So then back out to the garage we went, and I told him if he ever decides to sell the car, let me know and i'll get him the money right away. He said deal. So that is my big news for the day.

On the hunt for my dad's old cars. They include 5 Daytona's, 2 superbirds, and 2 500's. Very interested in finding the Red on Red Daytona, and Q5 Charger 500, and have found both cars.