Quote:

Yeah definately shoot those pics on here. I know the Q5 car that is in Ohio isn't painted Q5 currently, and is sometimes taken to the drag strip to run. The owners name escapes me at this minute but he was riding to the Mopar Nats last year with Doug Croxford.

Ohhhhhhhhh that Daytona! I was coming back from a race at Union Grove, Wisconsin in 1992 and had the red, white and blue Bird on an open trailer behind me when we were passing through southwest Michigan when a trucker keyed up his C.B. radio and started talking to us about the Bird. He told us about a Daytona that was in Berrien Springs, Michigan. We came back about a week later and basically did a door-to-door search in the area the trucker mentioned. We had pics of wing cars with us and literally went up to doors and asked if anyone had seen a car like this in the area. Within ten minutes, we were directed to a farmhouse which sure enough contained the Daytona. It turned out to be a Daytona that was at the 1984 Mopar Nats at Indy where you mentioned I had a shot of your dad's red and gray Daytona pulling through the Holiday Inn parking lot. This car was pulled through the lot on a trailer. If you have the video and remember a dark blue Daytona with fixed headlights and no headlight doors, that's the car! When the owner took us out to the barn to show us the Daytona, it was really rough and the 440 was laying next to it in the dirt. He wanted like $12,500 for it at the time and that was just a little too steep considering all the work it needed. Doug's friend got it for considerably less a few years later, I think like $7,500. I completely forgot that it was Q5. Doug's friend has fixed the car up some and got it running. It's still far from restored but he did have it up enough to bring to Talladega in 1999. Pretty darn cool car!