Thanks for the offer; would love to see it again when you're finished. This is really a hoot to be talking about one of my most vivid high school memories. Well... not as vivid as the one about "graduating" in the back of a hatchback Vega, but that's another story!

Not too many people knew about that car. It was in a pretty rural area back then. I must have first saw it right after they acquired it. I graduated from Linden in 1975. We used to party all through high school in the various farmers' fields thereabouts. The details are fuzzy, but if I recall correctly, I think a couple of brothers I sometimes cruised with (Art and either Duane or Rob Lilly) were the ones who took me over there to see it several times. Might have been their grandparents?

The picture you posted was like deja vu for me. Even before you confirmed it, I just knew it was the car. For 30 years, while I traveled the globe for Uncle Sam and fought in several wars, I've dreamed about that yellow bird in the open-front pole barn to the rear of the house and driveway (pretty sure it was on the west side of a north-south running main road).

Wish I could help you, but I don't recall any details or what reason we were given for it just sitting there. I just remember it being in very good condition with low miles. Have to admit that I've even sat in that black cockpit a time or two!

Until total honesty is on the table, we're not even talking about reality...