And finally an orange bird that was, I believe, a 6-pak, 4 spd car. If I had not been a broke college student at the time I could have bought this one (4 bbl on it but 6-pak set up in the trunk), and a '72 Canadian built 440, 4 spd, dana 60 Charger for $3,500, from this friend of Giegers that owned both. Gieger's story about the white bird was something like this: Used student loan to by the car with 3k-ish miles on it. Claimed it was one of 3 birds that Ma gave to Petty, but since Petty never crashed the 1st, the other two survived unmodified. There was his (the one pictured) and one in Florida. At least thats the story to the best of my recollection. Never was quite convinced of the validity of the story. The last time I spoke with him was about 1981 at his house east of Las Cruces. At the time he had approximately 30 mopars, which included several Hemi's, six-pac's, convert. E-bodies, at least three wing cars, etc. I was sad to see all setting outside. Woulkd love to hear if anybody knows the whereabouts of all the mopar muscle he has as well as some of the other stuff. That last time I saw him he had also aquired a Mercury Cyclone and a Ford Talladega. I one of the pics I posted that is a 428SCJ Torino complete with shaker hood just behind the bird.

678379-orangebird.jpg (170 downloads)
Last edited by Dougs69299; 02/02/04 03:43 AM.