John - That wasn't me in 1982 at the proving grounds, I went to the meet in St Louis in 1982 and drove a B5 Blue 1969 Hemi GTX.

I bought the '70 Hemi Super Bee and it's original engine in two separate deals from different people in about 1981, and sold it and a '70 Hemi Road Runner to Murray Crowe in the late 1980s. Although we had a verbal agreement to give me first refusal if he ever sold the cars, he sold one of them within two weeks... The Hemi RR went to Ron Slobe's R&R Salvage and was resold to Sandy R. who has been doing a fantastic job of restoring the car. I recently was put in contact with him and provided him some history and pictures of the car. He maintains a large website that tracks the progess of the car, have a look here: Sandy's Garage

He has not yet updated the site with the information I sent him. I am trying to find the contact information for the guy that I purchased it from to help Sandy in his car history research...

I do not know who owns the '70 Hemi Super Bee, although I heard it may have gone to R&R as well. I have a lot of pictures and some information on the car that I would gladly provide the current owner. It is one of 36 Hemi powered Bees made in 1970, so finding it shouldn't be that difficult... I hope!

Here are pictures of the two cars:

Well, I have to go finish Christmas shopping...