ProSport, videos from the old days can be pretty darn cool to watch if ya ain't seen em in a long time.

I have lots of plans for the ol' red, white and blue Bird to get it deep into the 12's but with the Aussie Daytona and the yellow Bird resto, it all kinda had to be put on hold for a while. Then there's the engine that's in the Bird right now that propels it to them low 13 second E.T.'s (13.11 best). It's been in the car totally untouched since 1986. This summer will be the 19th one that that engine has been pounded on. I know it's nothing radical but to push a 4,000 pound car to low 13's, you have to make a little bit of power. I did the Dyno thing at the Nats a few years ago and it was making 312 horsepower at the back wheels. The engine was built by my good friend, the late Mike Schenk from Mancini Racing. Mike must have put together a heck of an engine to put up with nearly 20 years of street and strip abuse. R.I.P. Mike, you're still da man in my book...

The next engine that goes in the car will be built by Mr. Six Pack Bob Karakashian. I'd like to go with a Super Stock Hemi but more than likely, it'll end up being a wedge with a cross-ram. I don't want to have to cage the car and I want it to still be easily streetable. With one of Mr. Six Pack's cams and a little bit of compression and a pair of cross-rammed Holley's, I think 11.99 shouldn't be too awful difficult at all.