Iceman, I wasn't real sure where Linden was so I just did a Mapquest search and it put me on a page where I could see the exact square mile where the yellow Bird came from! I knew the town it was from as Gaines, Michigan though so it must have been kind of on the border of Gaines and Linden.

The old folks that had the yellow Bird owned it since 1974 and I guess that maybe in the mid '70's, it may have been in nice condition. The first time I saw the car though in 1982, it had already gotten pretty rough. Here's a pic from that very first day. I finally got the car about nineteen years after taking this picture.

I plan on taking the yellow Bird back up there when it's done as the family really wanted to see the car all restored. The old man passed away last year though and I really wanted for him to go for a ride in the car. He was one of the coolest people I had ever met and the world is a sadder place without him and the stories he could tell about life here in Michigan in days gone by. Some of my most treasured memories in life are of hanging around on that farm and listening to that cool old guy talk and show me neat old relics from the past.