Iceman, your knowledge of the area is absolutely amazing! Only someone that grew up around there would know that stuff! I actually wish I knew some of the history of the yellow Bird before 1974 when the folks I got it from acquired it.

The next time you're in the area, you'll definitely have to stop by and check the old yellow Bird out. My friend Ken (Hemi_Tyme here on Moparts) is doing an incredible resto on the car. I take it you were pretty young back when you used to see the car. Come on by and you can even take the car out for a spin.

It's weird that you always wondered if it was still there. Over the twenty years I knew about the car, from time to time, I would wonder if it was still there too. Then I'd go visit with them and walk out to their barn and look the old gal over. It got rougher and rougher over time and one year when I went there, some kids had stolen the wing. The old guy got another one somehow. I never dreamed the phone call would ever come offering me the car but on May 22, 2001, on the day my dad passed away, it finally did. It's a very special car and you are only the second person I have ran across that knew of the car. The other was someone from Argentine that I ran into at the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise who used to ride a school bus past it every day. Trust me when I consider myself blessed to finally have the car. It's definitely a twenty year dream come true.