I got an email tonight and thought I would pass it along to add to this thread. Dan (Mopar4Ya) if you're out here reading this, I have also PM'ed you.

Quote:

I was looking at the Mopar forum on the web. I am not a member but enjoy reading all the information.

I came across the picture of the white Superbird in the field posted by Mopar4Ya on 1/2/04 and could not believe it. This is the same car I tried to buy way back when. When I went up to the door, they said the owner did not live there but occasionally visits. So, unfortunately I gave up.

I feel so lucky to be able to print these pictures for my photo album because I never thought I'd see this car again.

The spot where that car was sitting is 15 minutes from where I currently live. It is just outside Corning, NY.

I tried to send Mopar4Ya an email to thank him for posting that picture but was unable to find an email address for him. Is there anyway you can forward this message to him for me.

The pictures I have attached might make a current owner very happy to see. I don't know what size you are viewing them at or if you would like them resent individually - please let me know - I'd be glad to do it.

If you would like to post them on the internet - that would be ok with me.

Some background on the cars. The black Superbird - the picture was taken in October 1975 or 1976 (hard to read the Kodak stamped date on the back of the picture) in Ithaca, NY on a used car lot. We were at a car show within a 2 hours drive maybe 10 years ago and saw a beautiful restored yellow Superbird with restoration pictures that looked like this car - maybe he would like this picture.

The Daytona picture is from Car Craft Nationals at Indy in 1980. You can see the custom paint job, Cragars and plate number.

The last picture - Superbird in front of car lot - when I was 14 years old I took this picture in front of Elmira Chrysler Plymouth in Elmira, NY in 1970. This was a brand new Superbird with the window sticker on it for sale. If you look close you can see a red GTX behind the Superbird. I think the current owner of this car would be thrilled to have this picture.

I see that you know who the owners are of the white Superbird in the field that Mopar4Ya posted. I would like to know the whole story on the car. Do you know anything about it or could you ask the owners to email us with the story? I would very much appreciate any information on that car.

Thank you for your time. I hope these pictures help someone.

Paul

Below are the three pics that Paul emailed.