I have been perusing the yenko.net forums (insert vulgar comment here) for the last few days, and I saw a post about a few cars that an enthusiast in North Carolina had run across. Here's his description:

Quote:

I went to pick up an engine and tranny for my 66 Nova this weekend and found quite a treat. This guy had a couple dozen cars and trucks out in a field, most of which were just parts cars. There were 3 cars under some trees covered by blue tarps. I ask what those were and he told me they were not for sale but he would show them to me anyway. One was a 69 mustang 428 cobra jet, another mustang Boss 429 which he has had since it was new, and a Superbird with 10K miles on it!!! I almost forgot about buying that engine and tranny by then! He told me something interesting about the 429 Boss that I didn't know. This was one of the first couple hundred that came out and it has a hydraulic cam in it and a relatively small carb. He said when this car was new it really wasn't all that fast. Just thought that was interesting. If you see the 409 intake I posted for sale, that is where I got it. He had lots of heads, blocks, and carbs. That was a fun day at the "junk yard"! Kevin

A 10K mile 'Bird?! Why are the Chevy guys finding these things? Does anyone in NC or surrounding areas know of such a car? It would be hard to mistake it for another, considering it is sitting next to a Boss 429 Mustang. Of course, it could be a Super Bee, since most uneducated people confuse the two and call them Superbirds. I'm not saying he is stupid, just that it is a common mistake when someone doesn't know about Mopars. I truly hope it is a real Superbird. The owner's claims of the Boss being slow and having a small carb uphold the common thoughts of Bosses, so it may actually be a real Boss 429. The on-going sagas of our beloved Winged Warriors continue...

OIF V and OEF X veteran and proud of it!