Quote:

The 4000# hurdle is a tough one. Didn't want to cut up an original Air Grabber car. Thought of doing the AAR hood on it like on JetX........

There is NO reason it needs to weigh two tons. Even without the hack, or without flimsy/cheesy FG parts, or without having to do without basic luxuries, that car doesn't need to weigh any more than 3500-3600. The more money you have, the less it can weigh and still be 100% solid, stockish looking and reliable. My 72 Charger SE (slightly heavier car stock for stock i'm sure) with an all-iron 440 and the usual stuff, NO FG, HEAVY (60+lbs per corner) rollers, stock hood, etc, weighed 3600 even, and i hadn't spent a dime on making it lighter. With a quarter ov the amount ov money you had into yours, i could have that thing weighing 3400lbs, and you'd love it.

The SIZE... is a hard thing to get by, especially for a corner carver... but size also allows bigger rollers, so it almost makes up for it. The reason i sold mine was not because it couldn't be a competitive 3300-3400lb car, but because it could never be a sub-3000lb car... like my Challenger will be.

Love that car by the way. DONT let him put the 72 grille in it! 71 looks way better. Keep the 72 taillights though.