Quote:

A lot of this is just speculation as you don't have a complete car yet.

No, no i dont. But its pretty easy to figure this stuff out. Its pretty easy to say that my 3006lb Challenger will weigh 3065lbs with big fat rollers on all corners (when the bigs weigh exactly 15lbs more than the OEM). You weigh the stockers, you weigh the swap stuff. No...i cant give you a done weight down to the dollar, but i can come in within 50-100lbs easy enough. You guys have me 5X off that. Its clear that those arguing with me on this underestimate my abilities. I may not be a great suspension guy like you Dan, i GO to guys like you to figure my junk out. But i know my weight-reduction.

Quote:

If you start with the right Mopar you can get them slightly under class weights, but there isn't going to be much into the car.

'Class weights'...???

I dont need much. We all build our own cars. I'm not talking the typical 'pro-tour' build here with more comfort than my living room.

Quote:

The Challenger and the Road Runner are cleaned out caged cars, full steel except for their hoods. Aluminium topped motors (heads and intakes) and are pretty stripped down but retain "factory appearing" and still work as cars to be tagged and titled, horns, wipers etc.
E-Max: As raced, me in it, 1/2 bag of gas - 3776lbs
(That is driving straight from the track to a set of scales.)
Road Runner: Last weight for a competition event tech: 3556lbs,
Full bag of gas, no driver.

So, about 3400lbs no driver no gas then? Maybe 3320-40 without jack and spare? Thats a bit over 200lbs over my projected smallblock weight.

Six packs are heavy, even aluminum manifold ones, as are factory air cleaner assemblies... even if they are bloody cool. Stock T/A hoods are heavy (if its OEM), i see power steering, does it have power brakes? I see a full interior, and i'll assume that all the usual factory stuff (sound deadener, seam-seal turds, insulation, cardboard, underlay, etc.) hides underneath? I forget, is that a factory (iron) Mopar 4-speed too?

Damn nice car... and one ov my favorites, but i bet there is still a LOT to do left on that car. You want to know why i say that with certainty? I cant afford Forgelines.

Quote:

All that said, you want a light car...
Our 65 Mustang R&D car I have been driving this year to develop our kit, has an all steel 5.0 Roller out of a 93 Explorer, T-5 from a swapmeet, and a 9" out of an icecream truck. 2 layers of insulation and is a complete car, tunes, heater, wipers. - 3090lbs. no driver 1/2 bag of gas.

I'm with ya there. Like i said before... i've got another little secret project in the works along those lines...