Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You would be hard pressed to build any old car for 25 grand that could outrun that black Gt track pack car.

Hard pressed, but not impossible. I'll take that bet, but at 30K. Only way you'd get into that GT for 25K is if the sticker was 20.

As long as you dont hold me to a new paint job... i love my patina and fade...

The new ones have a couple key things going against them... one, the weight (sooo many mandatory options and safety BS the old cars dont have), and they come with smaller tires than they should, considering the dimensions ov the car (though i see a few posts below the one i quoted a way to get wider stuff on the car already available, but then that adds to the 30K ceiling). Even the height works against them comparatively... they are tall cars. I had no idea how big they were until i parked my 96 beside one... that was an eye-opener.

It could be a good battle/experiment...

Gee, hedging your bet any? Add $5k and keep the patina? If you couldn't do it with those parameters you'd be a clown.

Nope. No more than you could OWN a brand new GT track car for 25K anyways. When i buy parts i have to pay taxes on them, plus other levies, but if i buy a brand new car i dont...??? Lets be fair now. As for patina, you couldn't buy that look for 20K, and many pathetic posers have tried. Mines free and i'll take it over a 10K rotisserie job anyday. But hey... i'm weird that way...

And call me even weirder, but i kinda like that new Mustang rendering... if thats what the thing will actually look like. Ford been 'retro' since the 1994 model came out (yes, it started in '94... i have the ads)... and i think its time for some progress. Besides, what more can they do? they've hit all the best old designs. Whats the next logical progression? a 2015 retro Mustang that looks like a Mustang II...??? Hahahahaha

My quote on the Mustang was for "that black" GT in the ebay link. You can pick up low mileage track pack mustangs for $25k these days, maybe even less.

Okay, my bad, i didn't actually read it, just thought it was brand new. But on the other hand, its got what looks like a good amount ov money already spent on upgrades... You keep moving the goal. Do i get to start with a car with some work done?

Unless you just mean any used (stock) track pack GT for 25K, which i'll concede. But that was kinda my other point too... better off starting with a next to new very low mile car... saves a LOT ov money, in this case, at least 5K.