Quote:

The only thing I see against the Gen 3 Hemi is the cost of 4k for a computer to run it in full efi mode? Why run a new tech engine with carb and a distributor? That 4k number is from Indy Cylinder Head touting the new gen Hemi with a carb they sell?

I used to think the same thing... but lately i've been unable to shake this uneasy bug in my head about having a hotrod, and not being able to fix it on the side ov the road should something go wrong. The dist and the carb, even on a new engine (if retrofit) would at least get a couple things back on the simple end. I've said it forever and i'll say it again here... New stuff is absolutely great... when it works. When it doesn't... well... life just sucks. When old stuff doesn't work, at least half the time you can still get to work, or home from wherever.

That said... if i went new, being a gambling man, i'd definitely go with whatever EFI came on the engine.

Quote:

For the Coyote I see computer wiring etc for $1700 to run that engine in a street rod or other not OEM Coyote application.

Pale if you put a mod engine into a Mopar your going to make some new friends in both the Mopar and Ford camps.

It's prevalent to put a Chevy into a Ford but this is new ground your hinting at........

Hey you hush now...

I'll be honest. Its an option. It is BY FAR the best one that much is certain. I'd hate to do it, yet no other option comes close for what i want in a car. The sacrilege doesn't bother me so much as the logistics ov it. Sounds like lots ov fab work, though realistically no more than to put one in a 69 Mustang. I've been trying to talk myself out ov it forever now. The big block is just completely off the table now. The Magnum smallblock with alum heads sounds expensive, wont make much more power (if any) and wont get anywhere near the MPG. The hemi is too big (cid). The Mopar 4.7L isn't an option. If i were truly open-minded i'd have a small LS engine on the list, and probably near the top... but THAT sacrilege would keep me up at night, and i'd just be yet another fool that dumped a SBC in something cool and made it uncool. Maybe if i had an LS7 kicking around... thats one LS i wouldn't kick out ov bed...

Again... having a helluva time talking myself out ov doing this. I almost wish i didn't love my Challenger so much...