Quote:

Hey PR - I have already had the show poodle crowd tell me this Road Runner I have appears to be worthless unless (they hate the 508 six pack) I restore it to stock 400 engine etc etc.....

I'd have some very choice words for anyone that said that about my car within earshot...

Quote:

The one thing I kept thinking about this week is the marriage of a Coyote drive train with the Road Runner.....that with a Borgeson steering box and removing that heavy air grabber hood in favor of a fiberglass one.

How much weight would that take out of the Runner? 300# with the engine alone, 50# minimum for the hood and I think the borgeson box is 15# lighter.
Ditch the battery to the trunk, removing the trans cooler and lines(stick shifted now)

Think of that cutting 400# off the nose of this car pretty easily with some elbow grease but achievable.

I'm telling you right now, get that thought out ov your head. Right now. If you even let it linger a bit you'll be doomed. It will never leave. The Coyote might be a tad small for YOUR application though... even without the weight its still a large heavy wide car, with a heavy powertrain. The mods excel because the cars are light, and short (less powertrain) and dont rob a lot ov power from the flywheel to the tires. My calcs put the weight loss at around 250lbs, going from big block/4-speed to aluminum mod/6-speed, plus the other stuff, i'd say you're right on. Do it right and you could easily save another 50+lbs. Thats right in 2014 GT territory, weight-wise. It could work, and it'd still be faster than the powertrain IN the GT. I'd say for your application, the hemi, whether old 5.7 or the 6.4 would serve much better. My car wont weigh anything or have a single option... so really i could get away with a 4L mod if they made one.

Like i said... kill that thought. Its brain cancer... heh heh heh...