Quote:

I agree Jim..... I have the wrong car to use as a starting point. A 72 Road Runner with a 508, Six Pack auto on column with bench seat, factory air grabber good that weighs close to 4000# with me in it is the wrong car for the track.

There is way too much weight and torque.

Look for the 1972 RR to go up for sale soon. Its a great riding on down the highway car 2.94 gears and 28" tall tires and awesome from a stop light to stop light drag race with that torque of the 508...its amazing the car accelerates the way it does with the weight and rear end gear but it does keep up from a light to the posted speed limits with new ZL1's But then again it is a 508 with Stage V heads that flow 290 cfm max and 260 around .400 lift so it hauls the mail....

Don't lose faith on the best body style created! I'm currently building a 71 protouring roadrunner:

http://www.protouringmopar.com/showthread.php?796-1971-Speedipus-Rex&highlight=speedipus

I'm trying to use whats the best available to us. I'm using it for daily driving, local autox, and hopefully road coarses. I'd like to see if I can beat whats out there with it, but if your looking for serious SCCA competition start with a lighter body. I use my AE86 for the local autox's and drifting, 2600lbs with a aluminum lexus v8 up front - its just stupid fun.

if you want serious tracking, get a test drive in a mazda miata, any audi with the quattro system in it, or if you have some money to spend a honda S2000. I can't believe the grip in these cars with very little to no mods. I'd build one of these if I was more serious into the SCCA competition.

Last edited by dangina; 09/30/13 04:00 AM.