Quote:

The Mustang is by far the best way to go. I hit the track at least twice per month, I'm an instructor with NASA and an automotive journalist which means I get to drive just about everything under the sun. Bang for the buck the Mustang cannot be beat. I purchased a new 2013 base model GT last year with the track pack and the Recaro's. It's been bullet proof and has the capacity in stock form to compete with much higher dollar cars.

Now... if you want to step your game up even more, look at a Camaro SS with the 1LE package. That will out handle the Mustang as it has better suspension and much wider meat all around. However it will run about 5-6k more.

TurboMike no disrespect meant at all.

You brought up your resume now see what Mr. Angry has to say about the new Mustang above. Mr. Angry is about as Mopar as you can get as well see his site : http://www.mrangryinc.com/

My resume is not as impressive as Mr Angry's but I have been a Mopar owner since my first /6 Duster in the early eighties, Challengers, Cudas, Dart GT's a complete laundry list of Cummins powered trucks.

The New Challenger is the fat muscle car on the block, 4100#. It will never handle like the Mustang GT Track Pack car, which in my opinion is currently the best bang for the buck in this segment. This is the handling section we are not just interested in 1/4 mile times.

Have fun and enjoy the site.