Yes there are some Mopar guys that own mustangs. I love me some mopars and have owned a lot of them 30+. Everything from hemi cars to a12's and a few 340 cars.
My daily driver is a dodge diesel pup and my wife's is a 300 with a hemi. I consider myself a Mopar guy. So how did I end up with a mustang?
I have a max wedge replica project that I have been acquiring parts for the build for a number of years and have gotten to the point that I am ready to move forward with the build. This car will satisfy a lot of my auto needs. But a corner carver it will never be.
So in order to empty some of my bucket list another car was in order. A project is out of the question with work and time constraints. So some modern muscle seemed to be my best solution.
I actually filled this order in 2005 with a z51 six speed corvette. But as circumstances would have it I needed a new pup in 2007 and traded the vette in for my dodge. The vette was fun but the irs rear end was fragile. I am a fair hand with a stick and ran some mid 12's with the vette but at the expense of one transaxle case.
So when I went to fill the bill this time I really wanted a solid rear axle car because of my experience with the vette, that my grand children could ride with me to get a ice cream cone, handle well enough to auto-x and perform as well as the Vette. Unfortunately the mustang was the only thing that appealed to me fit my budget and met that criteria. Wish it could of been a Challenger, but I still love the Mustang.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.