Heck the price of a front brake kit and your already at... $2500.00 http://www.americanmuscle.com/brembo-mustang-gt500-brake-kit.html

How much are the rear brakes lets go cheap at $650.00

Wheels another $1,000. That is with 4 wheels no spare.

Tires another $1000.00 Again no spare figured in here you guys all like 315 series tires in 18" or larger diameter wheels

So just with brakes, wheels and tires your over $5,000.00

I remember an article years ago totaling what it would cost if you purchased all the parts to assemble a complete Ford Pinto vs just buying the car at the dealership. The cost was an eye opener.

Why does it cost so much....well for one the factory is buying the parts at a deep discount since they are purchasing in volume. Even if you built a dozen cars and purchased a dozen of each item it isn't going to compare to purchasing parts by the train cars in volume.

So good luck with the build of the ultimate handling lightweight car starting with a 40 plus year old stripped out shell filled with space age materials for 25K.

Build the website and document the progress and post the link along with the spreadsheet of the cost of each component.

And I take it your time is worth $0.00 when you do this build, correct?

Because last I checked Ford is paying scale union wages to employees and the other vendors that supply sub assemblies are paying a wage to the workers as well.

If your time is donated to the build then we have to subtract the wages from the cost of a Ford Mustang as well to do a true comparison.....on your terms.