Quote:

Quote:

The Mustang is by far the best way to go. I hit the track at least twice per month, I'm an instructor with NASA and an automotive journalist which means I get to drive just about everything under the sun. Bang for the buck the Mustang cannot be beat. I purchased a new 2013 base model GT last year with the track pack and the Recaro's. It's been bullet proof and has the capacity in stock form to compete with much higher dollar cars.

Now... if you want to step your game up even more, look at a Camaro SS with the 1LE package. That will out handle the Mustang as it has better suspension and much wider meat all around. However it will run about 5-6k more.

Thanks for the input and I appreciate your intellectual honesty on the matter. I would have a much harder time going with the General on a new car over the Ford.....I will have to drive them both and see what happens.

The Camaro 1LE I test drove would kill a Mustang, but I could not see out of the car. In traffic it was driving a chopped 50's Merc.

A new iron curtain drawn across the 49th parallel