Quote:

I live nw of ft. Worth. I have no experience on a road coarse but I have a helmet and would love to put my car on a track win lose or draw. If my work schedule allows I will try to make it. Any suggestions on what I need to do to my stock track pack stang to prepare for a track outing.

You don't have to do anything, really. Just get the car inspected using their tech inspection form. And make sure your lug nuts are torqued to spec.

Green group will have an instructor in the car for the entire weekend, so no experience necessary. There is a wide variety of cars that run in this program. It's definitely not a race, either. Passing only allowed when given a point by, and the program is more about learning the line than 'racing'. That being said, there are some very fast drivers in both street cars and race cars that run in the advanced groups.

Things that would be good for you to do, but you don't have to:
Change brake fluid in reservoir to a DOT4 racing fluid and bleed the brakes. ATE super blue and ATE type 200 are a good choice (same fluid, different color. Swap between the two so you know when you've fully bled the system.)

thedriversedge.net

They run at multiple Texas tracks, and MSR in Cresson is a big one for them. That's pretty close to you, so going to an event at that track might make more sense for you.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course