Quote:

As I've watched this thread, I can add that my cool T/a is still one of the most popular "pony cars" at shows and any autx/road course events. I love driving it.. handles great, etc.

Last night (Fri) I went to a local show ~500 cars (w/o my T/A) and I looked over ~5 new Boss 302 cars.. very impressiven (I prefer the SC500 supercharged model). I asked and one owner allowed me to sit in his Recaro seat.. very good bolster!.. (similar to my seats in my Chally). Of interest, the owner told me that he paid ~$40k; and... when you buy a new one Ford offers to take you on road race tracks to "teach you how to drive your new Boss 302 car...".. that's cool! Ford is really catering to the pony car market better than any other mfgr. I hope to actually "compete" against these new Boss 302 cars at some local road race tracks (when I eventually have better sticky tires)... I believe that I could stay with them (excluding the highest speed tracks where O/D becomes required), maybe do better than a few.... but as we all know.. the "nut behind the wheel" will make the most difference.

At the last SDR-SCCA Autocross a friend of mine was doing some 200tw tire testing in his Mustang on the Saturday practice while I was running the Challenger. The fastest tire he tried was the Falken 615K, and with those was about 2 seconds off of my pace. The following day, when he was back on his slicks, he had me covered by about a second. He is a really good driver and is in the running for a jacket in ESP with a bone stock 2012 5.0 with tires.