Quote:

http://www.carnut.com/specs/specs.html

click engine dimensions lower right.

since we are all about weight. My 508 Sixpack is probably an easy 725# with a + 1/2" stroker crank and Six Pack induction..........

Not sure what a new hemi weighs. Although making them efi in an older car is expensive $$$$$$

I read the 5.0 Coyote weighs 430 # shipped no fluids. Not sure if that 440 weight figure is dry or wet either. Either way these RB engines are heavyyyy.

That stroker crank might be lighter than your stock one. Its longer sure, but most stroker cranks have Chevy journals these days do they not? The 6-pack is heavy though, especially if its iron (ouch!), the whole stock deal with the cool lookin' lid, even more. But aluminum heads would save a bit, if you have them. With iron heads, maybe 680-700?

The Coyotes are that light, yes, as are the 4.6 DOHC's from 92-'01. Like the older stuff, they can be lightened too... though not near as much. The whole topic, plus my rundown ov shipping weights in the other thread has me re-thinking my whole plan now. 3000lb Challenger + mystery engine, or 2700lb 69 Fastback + alum DOHC mod. Hmmm...

The new hemi stuff is way light too though. How light i dont know, if the blocks are aluminum they'd be close to the mod, if not, i'd say around 500lbs (an iron block mod weighs about that). I bet even a 'heavy' iron-block hemi would still weigh around what a stock slant-6 weighs...

It really is ALL the details though... With a 440-based engine, you have much larger headers, usually much larger pipes, bigger cooling systems, etc. Older stick transmissions are heavy too. On the Mustangs, EVERYTHING is light, and the rare stuff that isn't is easily found in the aftermarket in lighter form for unfairly cheap prices.