Quote:

Also keep in mind that before I purchased that car I contemplated taking that money and putting it into the Charger. 6.4 HEMI, new tranny, suspension, etc... etc. At days end though, I'd still have a beautiful looking car that was 18-feet long, weighed almost 4,000 lbs and still DIDN'T handle like a slot car. Plus, I'd be chasing gremlins and trouble shooting. I'm too old for that. Now, I just want to have fun.

I went through a similar thought process (but for different reasons). I wanted an injected daily driver and I HATE having to smog carbureted vehicles. I had a perfectly serviceable 79 Power Wagon that I thought about putting a 5.9 Magnum into. In the end, I thought about the work involved (we've already done this swap, sort of 5.2 into an 84 Ramcharger), but in the end, I'd still have a 3/4t 4wd truck that I really didn't need. So, I picked up a 2000 Durango that needed a few things (main thing was an engine computer) and sold the truck.

It is about having a vehicle that fits your own unique needs. In this case, the 2000 is more comfortable, gets better mileage, AND fits more places. AND, in the theme of this thread, would probably do better on a track than the Power Wagon...