Well currently I own a 72 Road Runner factory N96 air grabber car.....I bought it 15 years ago when nobody in the Mopar hobby looked at cars built after 1970 unless it was an E body.

Now the Runner is a factory bench seat car so to put a decent pair of bucket seats is going to be a minimum of $1K for a decent pair of Corbeau's

Front brake kit from/ used Viper Brembos/decent pads/ another $1K

Rear brake kit $600

Suspension kit from Hotchkiss $3,300

Tires and Wheels another $1,500

A quick paint job and we are adding another $5k to the price tag and we still don't have air conditioning or other cool features a newer car already has on the table.

The entry point for even a 71 or 2 B body is pretty high these days making this equation more lopsided. It is not as bad with the price I paid for the car back in 1999 but today's pricing for these undesirable cars in the Mopar ranks makes it pretty unsustainable exercise for us that have to watch our budgets and spending.

I could easily see this could be a $15K exercise after its all done with this phase and we all know you are never "done" with projects like this.

Don't get me wrong I have always had old Mopars even when they were not the cool ones, slant 6 Dusters, 1970 Fury suburban wagons, 1979 Dodge 4x4's but these days with the everyday grind of work, family obligations, kids and little honey do's around the house there isn't much time to play Chip Foose in the attached garage.......

Might be better off keeping the Road Runner stock and accept it for the car it is from the factory and get something else to run through the gears at a track.