I actually learned a few things about the newer Mustangs since this thread started. No need to get the fancy Boss 302 or other variants .... They offer a package called "The Track Package" comes with Brembo 4 piston calipers, Boss 302 radiator, 3.73 torsen rear axle Boss differential cover and a couple other components. http://dirtyhipporacing.com/2013/02/21/ford-mustang-track-pack-dissected-by-part-number/

This looks like the car I will try and buy. Probably will be looking for a low mileage used one that I can get into for around 25K maybe less?

Add a good quality track brake pad, the Ford racing front brake cooling kit, stainless steel brake lines and a quality brake fluid.

Then get this friend of a friend that is a driving instructor out to one of the local tracks and get driving.

Special thanks to Mike Musto for his input on this subject. One thing that Mike told me and he has mentioned it on this thread as well as Mitch, AMX and others......drive drive drive and then drive it some more learn the car.