Quote:

Good luck cutting that much weight. My Dart has a glass hood and front valance and after it gets a gen III swap I'm hoping I'll be under 3300 lbs with me in it. I weigh 180 and the car has no heater either. An E body would need glass doors,fenders, hood and bumpers as well as lexan. Good luck.

I dont need luck. Luck has no part in this. Careful planning, inhuman patience (to find the right car), and zero compromise will get it done... when combined with certain weight-reduction genius. And before i get accused ov it, i dont believed in clapped-out hole-saw wonders either, and i wouldn't use lexan if it cut 200lbs out ov the car. I dont even want FG fenders on my cars.

I dont see the big challenge here really. My 72 Charger SE (already with two unnecessary strikes against it weight-wise: being an SE, and being a 72 instead ov a 71) weighed a legit 3550lbs empty (all fluids but no gas). Thats all steel body, all-iron 440, and slightly over 60lbs ov wheel/tire combo on EVERY corner. Most sources will peg a 3rd-gen B-body a good 300lbs over a 70 Challenger (option for option), i'll be conservative and say only 200 for arguments sake. Thats already just a 3350lb E-body similarly equipped, NOT adjusting for two years ov safety govt mandates and other BS, and i would never use an RB engine (or now, even a B-engine) in a road car, nor a 60lb/corner roller combo, nor a steel hood, nor a few other things on that car i was too poor or too lazy to bother with. There were NO lightweight components on that Charger (save junkyard buckets and steering wheel) and it had a LOT ov bad (read: heavy) bodywork and full undercoat remaining. No... without even thinking about it i wont have any trouble reaching my goals or exceeding them.