Quote:

I see my thread got resurrected from the dead. I'm ready to pull the trigger. Looks like I'm going with a 5.7 block and 6.4 heads. Callies stuff on the bottom end and I'm guessin probably a custom Diamond piston.
Mr Wheatcraft informed me that Coan makes the adapter to get my glide attached to the crank.
Things I'm still up in the air on:
Where to get a motorplate for the front?
What water pump to run?
Which intake to run? Drag Pak, Ritter, etc. Gonna be running my Ron's Terminator on top of it and it has a Dominator base.
Here is my biggest quandry though. I refuse to give up the abilities of my current ignition system so I'm gonna have to run a distributor. Does anyone besides Jesel make a belt drive for the front of one of these? The Jesel one is pretty pricey ($2200 last I checked). Plus the Jesel deal has two distributors and I don't have a clue how you would fire both of them? The Mopar deal is kinda ugly with that thing sticking so f

I'm not sure if it will be much help but I am getting ready to walk through taking a junkyard 5.7 through somewhat of a similar process. It's going in an altered that came with a poweglide. I purchased a JW ultra bell (that was supposed to be here a week ago) a crank adapter and a flywheel. I will be testing a few things on our dyno as time permits. I am planning on the following tests so far:
Convert to the EFI Source ignition
Testing stock 5.7 vs. 6.1 exhaust manifolds
Testing a few different cams
testing the truck intake, 5.7 car intake and a 6.1 intake. I also have a "high rise" dual throttle body intake I may test.
I may even test different fuels (we have some MS109, C16, Q16 and E85 here at the shop)
Then the plan is to build a stout, high compression 5.7 based engine, Thitek heads, appropriate cam, drak pack intake and go racing.