Quote:

For me, primarily it was the fact that the stock 6.1 set-up has absolutley no sex appeal. And with my motor going into old iron (my 70 Road Runner) things must look as cool as they perform......hense the Drag Pack Intake. Long therm plans are go to F.I with the DP Intake, so I didn't want to get into the $1000 conversion wiring harness & stock computor reprogramming blah blah blah....with the stock stuff. So, the simple soution is a carb on the DP Intake.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder Nothing like a dominator sitting on a high rise intake!

But calculate the cost... If you buy a 2005 5.7 swap including the PCM, wire it yourself (not really that complicated, just time consuming) or purchase one of the $750 kits you can buy a used Predator tuning device for $200 and either attempt to tune it yourself or pay me $375. Now you have a grand total of $1500 (or $600 if you wire it yourself) invested in a killer, factory designed system.

Or you can buy a drag pack intake for $900, a good holley carb for $400, some type of distributor system - $$$$$ and then in the future convert to EFI? Custom injector bungs installed in you $900 drag pack intake w/fuel rails - $700
Then you will need and EFI system (ie. Fast, BS3, Holley etc.) close to $2000 + tuning.

I just want to make sure you have all the information and have calculated the total cost. From reading your posts it appears you have thought it out and will build a killer ride!

BTW - if you meant "forced induction" when you said FI, we are making 20+psi on the factory intake, EFI and PCM without issue.

Last edited by 1badx; 12/08/11 07:10 PM.